So Boyfriend and I are about to embark on a 15-hour road trip to spend an entire week with my family. Fifteen human beings and one labrador will be spending one week straight with one another in a house that comfortably fits a maximum of ten people. This can only go well.
Alcohol will be required.
But first, the journey there. We're driving from Connecticut to South Carolina, which basically means we're just going to be on the I-95 for all eternity, and I have prepared for all things.
- Water? Check.
- Audiobooks and podcasts? Check.
- Coloring books? Check.
- Apples? Check.
- The biggest box of Goldfish possible? Check.
Okay, so that's the material supplies. Now for the sights. This is where you all come in. We've found a ton of sights along the way. We know we can't stop at all of them because of time, but we figure that whenever we stop for food or gas, we'll see which sight we're near and then we'll go check it out. The most interesting ones that we have found on the internet are:
- The grave of the ARM of Stonewall Jackson. I'm not kidding. Just his arm is buried there and it's a tourist attraction OBVIOUSLY.
- A Whirligig Park. Enough said.
- An abandoned renaissance fair. I basically just want to run around here and shout "HUZZAH!" at the top of my lungs, but let's be honest, I'll probably just get murdered.
- And a two giant statues: one pink elephant and one grey one. I don't know why this intrigues me, but it does.
Anyway, I figure some of you might know of some pretty cool sights along the I-95, right? Any ideas? Also, boyfriend and I will be all over this on instagram and twitter, so if you want to follow our road trippy adventures, we'll be using the hashtag #Karen because that is what we have decided to name our trip. Why did we decide to name our trip "Karen?" Well, the answer is simple: We couldn't think of a clever name for this trip that would make a suitable hashtag, and so after much debate and many terrible ideas, I decided that we should just name it Karen. So... follow the hashtag, #Karen.
Anyway, I'm writing this at 4am and with very little ability to tell myself that naming our trip #Karen is ridiculous, so I should probably walk away before someone puts a stop to my undoubtable genius.